QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

搜索
查看: 4704|回复: 17

2013.03.01新图和访谈(已翻译)

[复制链接]
发表于 2013-3-1 13:58:43 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 291701 于 2013-3-1 16:49 编辑

Jim Rossignol from Rockpapershotgun.com has been playing the Arma 3 Alpha and had a talk with Joris-Jan van ‘t Land about the current status of the project.

Quote :
RPS: Can you explain your decision to make Arma 3 a Steam exclusive? I had always seen Bohemia as fiercely independent, with you developing your own sales platform and so on. What changed? Are you admitting to defeat to the Valve empire?
能谈谈为什么决定要让arma3成为steam独占吗?我一直以为bi一贯坚持独立原则,坚持通过自己开发的渠道销售产品。是什么发生了改变?你们向valve帝国屈服了?
Joris: Most of the reasoning is covered in our development blog. To sum it up: we took an honest look at where we were, weighed up all of our options, and decided on this as the best way forward for Arma 3. I believe it’s important to keep in mind that any benefit to us as developer, should be a benefit to players. Making the setup process smoother, having updates be more frequent and distributed quicker, being able to deliver mods and other user-generated content easier, and freeing up time for us to support important things like the SDK. They will all unlock Arma 3′s potential and longevity. The requirement from ourselves to release in 2013 is not just a business decision; this is important for the team as well. You cannot keep a team motivated for years and it’s hard to keep the technology state-of-the-art.
多数原因已经在开发日志中解释了。总的来讲:我们实事求是地审视了目前的状况,列举了我们所有可能的选择,最终觉得这是对arma3最好的选择。我们一直相信大家好才是真的好。所以这能让安装过程更顺畅,更快、更频繁地进行升级,更轻松地推送mod和原创内容给玩家,使我们能将更多时间投入到更重要的事情里面,像sdk的开发。这些优势,都能够让arma3的潜能和寿命得到进一步释放。游戏在2013年发售,对我们来讲不仅仅只是商业上的需求;这对整个团队来讲也是非常重要的。你不可能让一个团队常年保持高产,也不可能保证自己产品的技术不过时。
We don’t see this move as becoming less independent. Rather, to remain independent we need to be pragmatic and use existing solutions where appropriate. We have to accept we cannot do everything on our own. Arma 3 will still sell via our sales platform Store.bistudio.com, and other platforms, but every game does run through Steam. As a Project Lead I want to release the best game on time, as a designer I want to release the best platform to tinker with, and as a gamer I want to release the best game to explore and have memorable experiences in. So far our decision is helping to achieve these ambitious goals, as seen by our Alpha release now.
我们不觉得这么做会降低我们的独立性。相反,为了保持独立性我们需要更务实一些,并合理运用现实手段。我们必须要正视,不是所有事情都能靠自己。arma3竟会通过我们的销售平台Store.bistudio.com和其他销售平台进行销售,但是,所有游戏都需要通过steam运行。我作为项目主管,希望能让最好的游戏及时发布;作为一位设计师,我希望能推出最好的平台来进行开发;作为一名游戏玩家,我希望能体验一部最好的游戏,让自己拥有难忘的体验。目前为止,我们的决定都是为了实现这些雄心壮志的,现在你们能从alpha测试中看到这些。

RPS: The presentation of Arma 3 seems far slicker than in previous games – was this designed to address criticism of your previous games? Do you think Bohemia had earned a reputation for technical brilliance without production polish? Was that deserved?
从现展示来看,arma3要比它的前作华丽了很多——这是为了弥补人们对前作的批评吗?你怎么看人们对波西米亚“技术有才华,产品很粗糙”的评价?这些评价准确吗?
Joris: Yes, I believe the criticism was deserved. This was one of the things myself, co-creative director Jay Crowe, and the team really wanted to improve for Arma 3. We’re trying to make the setup experience and first play session smoother. In a way our biggest strength is our biggest weakness: the sandbox. In my opinion such game experience cannot be perfect and bug-free. There are too many variables, combinations and situations to ever test for. But since we love the openness so much, we accept these imperfections. It’s our job to detect the edge cases that pull players out from their immersion and solve them.
没错,这些评价是中肯的。这些问题都是我本人、我的助理创意指导Jay Crowe,和整个开发团队迫切想在arma3中有所改进的。我们正尝试使上手体验和游戏初始阶段进行的更顺畅。某种程度上讲,沙盒游戏模式既是我们的长处,同时也是我们的短处。总觉得这样的一种游戏体验很难做到尽善尽美,没有bug。这其中的变量、组合和情景都太多了,难以一一测试。但是,因为我们是那样的喜欢开放性,我们只能接受这些不足之处。我们的工作就是去检测这其中的极端情况,并加以解决,从而让玩家少受些罪。

RPS: Can you talk a bit about the content in the alpha – why did you choose to show these elements? What are you most proud of?
您能说说alpha测试的内容吗——为什么要展示这些内容?哪些是您最引以为傲的部分?
Joris: I really enjoy the infantry showcase, because it is a benchmark for our design vision. The scenario is quite simple, but every play-through has little differences. Sometimes I get suppressed by an auto-rifleman, see tracers fly right over my head and hear the bullets pop. You genuinely do not want to get hit, because you know the consequences are brutal. Another time you’ll have outsmarted the same patrol using a well-placed under-barrel grenade, and the survivors are forced into completely different tactics. Ignore them, and they may come back to flank you ten minutes later. The point is: when we deliver a good enough sandbox for our infantry supported by vehicles, the scenarios themselves should not have to rely on heavy scripting.
我最喜欢步兵战士的环节,因为这是对我们设计想象力的基准测试。这个情境非常简单,但是每次游玩都会有一些不同。有时我会被一支自动步枪火力压制,看见曳光弹从我脑袋右侧飞过,听见子弹撞击声。你真心不想挨枪子儿,因为你懂那样的后果很惨烈。而有些时候,同样的一次巡逻,你很明智地装上了榴弹发射器,那么幸存(逃跑的)敌人会被迫采用刚才完全不同的策略。如果不管他们,过十分钟他们没准会从侧翼回来包抄你。要点是:当我们带来一个完善的摩托化步兵战沙盘战役的时候,不应该依赖于过多的脚本。
The content will not only grow during the Alpha and Beta programs, but the full game is significantly buffed.
这部分内容不仅会随着alpha和beta测试而得到完善,还会在游戏正式发售后更进一步地得到打磨抛光。

RPS: Arma 3 seems to have had a troubled development, not least thanks to the situation with Martin and Ivan, but what particular design and technical challenges did you face? What problems have you had to address as development proceeded?  
arma3的开发貌似很不顺利,尤其是martin和ivan的遭遇,但是你们有没有面对什么特殊的设计上和技术上的挑战?有没有什么开发进程中你们不得不处理的问题?
Joris: One problem stems from growing as a development team. People tend to think more people automatically means you can do more, but it’s very hard to effectively manage a large team. This is further complicated when you’re working across several physical locations. Many of our previous games had been made primarily in one location, with support from other studios. Now we have core development spread over two offices. Quickly storming a room next door is harder when that room is hundreds of kilometers away. We’re still learning how to deal with this effectively.
一个问题随着开发团队的变大而产生。人们常常误以为人多力量大,但实际上高效管理理智庞大的团队是很难的。特别是大家所处的地里位置不同的时候,事情尤其复杂。我们之前的许多游戏首先都会在一个地点进行制作,并从其他工作室得到支援。现在,我们的核心开发工作分散在了两个办公地点。想从一个工作点跑到另一个工作点去,非常不易,因为它们相距数百公里。我们依然在尝试提高这种工作效率。
The second main issue is the balance between idealism and pragmatism. We want to do ‘all of the things’, but can only feasibly do so much. Early on we tried to add too many new technologies and features, not realizing we would not have the resources to finish them properly. We had to be honest with ourselves, dial back down our desires, re-focus our vision and make sure we can release a game. Having a solid Arma 3 platform and expanding it over time is ultimately beneficial to us all.
第二个大的问题是如何平衡理想与现实的差距。我们想做的面面俱到,但是只可能做到有限的一些。最起初,我们想要添加太多的新技术和特性进去,而根本没注意我们没有足够的资源来完成它们。我们必须实事求是,正视现实,重新调整思路,从而是我们能务实地作出一款游戏。给arma3一个坚实的基础,之后通过时间去一点点完善它,这是最符合我们所有人利益的。

RPS: Can you tell us a bit about how you’re expect the alpha and beta tests to go? What’s the roadmap from here?
你能告诉我们你对alpha和beta测试都有怎样的期待吗?能从中画一张路线图出来吗?
Joris: These early-access and test programs are really exciting for us. Particularly the ability to fully mod the Alpha is something quite unique in the current industry. Many of the games are even moving away from modding the final game. I can’t wait to see what our community comes up with before the full game is released. By doing this they will also help us test features we would otherwise not explore in our planned content (we do not currently plan to test attaching bleachers and turrets to vehicles to create a battle bus for example).
这个早起的测试程序让我们感到兴奋。特别是alpha测试全面支持mod挂载,这在整个游戏产业也是绝无仅有的。很多游戏甚至在最终发售的游戏中都不支持mod。我很期待在游戏正式发售以前,社区论坛中都会诞生什么样的mod。这样,大家实际也在帮助我们测试一些我们本来没有加进游戏中的一些东西。(我们目前还没有计划添加带天台和炮塔的“战地巴士”)
Next to that, we are still able to react to some of the feedback and change parts of the game.我们依然欢迎反馈和对游戏修改的建议。

点评

感谢翻译  发表于 2013-3-2 13:52

评分

参与人数 1威望 +1 收起 理由
Alex.XP + 1 感谢分享

查看全部评分

楼主| 发表于 2013-3-1 14:09:06 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 291701 于 2013-3-1 14:12 编辑

再补充些图。
发表于 2013-3-1 14:23:08 | 显示全部楼层
话说ARMA3里的部分武器有点科幻了 不太喜欢的说.....
发表于 2013-3-1 14:36:42 | 显示全部楼层